Wednesday 12 June 2013

Furniture. And I'm blegging.

Writing a book can take you into unexpected directions - such as researching English medieval furniture. After hunting for it for quite a while, I can tell you that there seems to be even less material about it than about German medieval furniture (and that's not much).

So I spent the day yesterday partly in the library, hunting down books and checking them and checking out some more of them, resulting in a very heavy bag of books to carry home. So heavy, in fact, that I had the sudden urge of sweetening the load by buying some sock wool... sock wool does not count, right?

Today's agenda, thus, has more books on it - books that I need to at least skim to see if there is something useful in there. If anyone here has a hint on where to find a good, current book or article about English medieval furniture in the timespan of about 1000 to 1350, it would also be much appreciated!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I have a small litteratur list about furniture and interior decoration from medieval and renaissance archaeology. But it is in danish and I am not shure how well it fit your time period. There is also to in German, but I gues you already know them.

a stitch in time said...

Julie, I do read a little Danish - I'd be very interested in your list!