Monday 24 August 2015

I am back!

My lovely summer break is over, and I am back home and back at work. It was a wonderful time off - I spent time with friends, enjoyed a canoe trip down beautiful Werra and Weser (two rivers in Germany), cuddled the cat, and generally relaxed. There was the yearly archaeologists' meet-up in Bamberg, too.




Not all of the last weeks was spent vacationing, though. I used a large chunk of the non-vacation time to get some research reading done and prepare a presentation I held day before yesterday for the people in the Museumsdorf Düppel in Berlin. It was very interesting, and with a very intense discussion afterwards.

I also spent some time on the further development of the fleur-de-lis embroidery set (the instructions with lots of pictures are in the works right now), washed some more wool, and I'm scheming to maybe offer some textile samples to demonstrate the difference between modern-style and medieval-style textiles in the future.

I also have a huge backlog of linky things to blog about, accumulated during the last weeks... let's start with the newest one:

It does not matter what archaeologists say - UFO lovers still insist this might be an alien.

No comments: