Wednesday 3 March 2010

Soon, oh soon...

After the wonderful planning session in South Tyrol, it's back to the usual, and nose back onto the grindstone. I'm on the last bits of proofreading, having been very diligently reading about all day during the last two days, and I hope to finish today or, at the latest, tomorrow. Thankfully there are more pictures in the catalogue part than in the front bits, which makes reading ten pages go much, much faster.

On the other fronts, there has been some movement as well: The market stall sewing is progressing, and occasionally I even snatch a few minutes for knitting on the current design and planning for the next one. Once the more pressing matters - stall and proof-reading - are done, I hope to get one or two patterns out for test-knitting.

Did I ever feel unsure about being able to fill my time as freelancer?

2 comments:

Phiala said...

I would have no trouble filling my time as a freelancer. It's paying the mortgage I'm still unsure about...

a stitch in time said...

Well, yes, that is one of the downsides. The rule in Germany is that it takes you three to five years to write black numbers on your freelancer account, so getting started can be abysmally hard without some support from family or the state - or without easing in from a regular full-time, then part-time job.