Thursday 26 May 2011

Summer colds are nasty.

I seem to have caught a summer cold - which is always nasty, and sometimes I wonder whether summer or winter colds are worse. At least in winter, everybody expects to get some sniffles sometime, and it doesn't come by surprise.

So now I'm trying to decide if this is a good excuse for going easy today or if I really cannot afford to go easy... there's this blackboard in the study, you know? It's a board to write down all the things that are on my to-do-list (with green chalk, currently), plus there's a section for the upcoming dates and deadlines. And a section for the long-term projects, just so I don't forget. And a list for the things that are to be taken care of, but not really urgent yet. And sometimes I make an additional small things paper to-do list, if the items are to be taken care of on the same day and it's not worth it chalking them up on the board.

The board which, incidentally, always seems to be more green than black. At least there's two deadline chalkings that I could wipe out today if I do the rest of the work necessary for that... sounds like I won't be slacking after all.

No comments: