Thursday 26 February 2015

Finalising.


We are finalising the last bits for the book. So of course, nerves are a bit taut, and I think we'll both be very happy to completely forget about the book for a while when we will have delivered it!

In any case, I can tell you that I have learned a huge amount of things while doing this book. Not only what a minyan is and what Australians call fairy bread - I've also found out how you can use two hands to count to 9999. (That beats counting binary by a far stretch - binary hands will only bring you to 1023.)

I've also learned that it has its distinct disadvantages to write a book with someone on the other side of the globe, balanced by the distinct advantage that someone gets work done while you sleep, and you can wake up to a new iteration of the project. On an active day with many small edits, we also found that a file can go through six or seven iterations during the time we're both active, which is my morning and Gillian's night.

Soon now. Soon.

No comments: