Wednesday 13 January 2010

Still reading (of course)

I am slowly but steadily reading and correcting my way through the book. As always, there are passages where nothing is amiss and then a bit where things come in groups, which is keeping the proofing work more or less interesting. I'm almost through the text part now and I hope I won't find a real bad blunder on that last stretch; and afterwards, it's onward to the catalogue, where I'll meet (and read) all those dear garments from all over Europe again. I'm almost half-way, page number-wise, and there are more pictures in the catalogue part, but still I'm in for many more pages (and probably quite a few rounds on the hat during the reading breaks).

Meanwhile, I have a link to share: I have come across the Antique Pattern Library, a page where you can find pdf files of scanned old needlework books. Whether you are looking for crocheting, tattting, knitting or filet patterns, that is a place where you will find something. There's even the reprint of a 1527 Modelbuch (pattern book) with pattern strips for embroidery - and lots more from the late 19th and early 20th century. If you have a thing for old patterns or instructions, that is definitely an online library to check out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the book to come out! My German is based on couple of university courses (need to study more), but I'm determined to tackle the book through.

a stitch in time said...

Me too, I can't wait for it to come out ; ) and I'll be very, very glad once this is all proofed, signed, sent off and thus the ball is tossed back to the publishing house once more. It really is amazing how much work goes into something as simple as a book!